Thursday, September 3, 2009

In the quiet of the night.

Its almost 2am and I am the only one (man or beast) awake, I think. I am sitting at my laptop contemplating life and my fingers. They are rather bent and stiff, my fingers that is. I still love them. They enable me to sit here, type and communicate with others through the wonder of the internet. My brain helps a bit, of course. Surprisingly, I am not sleepy and I serene.

In the quiet of the night, I ponder on how being alone is not being lonely. Oh, its so important to know this especially if you are suffering from an incurable disease,pain or your problems are crushing you.. This is the perfect time to look inwards, to think about life and your life. This is the perfect time to talk to God and know that it all means something though you may not know the meaning now. This is the perfect time to commune with the One who is always with you.

In the quiet of the night, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment