Friday, September 18, 2009

Crooked Fingers, Beautiful Music.

My piano is here and it gives me great joy. I took a few lessons eons ago and just practised and played a few tunes thereafter. What is great is that I can still remember a bit and have started playing nursery rhymes. It is a little difficult to place my fingers on the keys and keep them there.

Ok, ok, no genius here but so what? The practice helps limber up my bent, stiff RA fingers and I am doing it with all this time I have. When I play, I smile and miss my daughter a little less. When I play, I am far away in another land and I don't feel the pain.

I cannot walk fast or with any semblance of grace. When I sit and play, anyone watching and not knowing me would never think that I have any physical problems. He or she may well think what a poor pianist I am of course.

However, when I play with my crooked fingers, the music may not be great but it is beautiful to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment