Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Meditation and Sleep.

I have thought about doing meditation and I have been advised to do meditation.

When I first thought about it and then thereafter, it was about pain control and management. I have not yet achieved any pain management with meditation but there has been a pleasant "side effect" of my efforts.

I sleep better. Hurrah! Those with RA, chronic pain will understand how I feel. You do not sleep well when you have pain. With RA you need to move often and your body wakes to do so. Its more than that. Its the leg spasms, the pain, the anxiety about the morning. Sleeping is a problem, waking and moving is the bigger problem. You need to push yourself up and get to the bathroom, brush your teeth, then...and then.... Sometimes I think its easier not to go to bed.

However, with the some rest I am getting, things are that much more manageable. A little goes a long way for me and those like me.

I say my prayers and then I meditate for just a very few minutes before bed. Try it. Go on the internet and read about the techniques. If you are religious use the name of Jesus if you are Christian or a name of God as a mantra or focus word. Even a minute's meditation will help.

I pray that your efforts at meditation will help you as it helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment