Saturday, August 1, 2009

Second day

Another day. Examined my battle scars. They do form interesting tapestries on mylovely legs.

Logged into a forum where I have been told, inter alia, that I am a child of satan and that I will go to hell for disobeying God. All because I said I did not believe it was a sin to have the view that God does not command women to submit to men - at least the God I believe in. Nothing to do with RA specifically but to do with the trials we have to endure if we want to live full lives, even with RA, chronic pain and all.

When you have RA or any other debilitating and or painful disease, people in particular family, want to help you, wrap you in cotton wool and with that comes loss of some control, some of your independence.You may already have lost your mobility. If you "talk" in forums and blogs on the internet, no one knows you shuffle and walk normally, no one knows you have pain, no one knows the restrictions you have no choice but to endure and no one need pity you for that. You have your brain and your mind and that is all you need to stand tall (figuratively I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment