Saturday, October 10, 2009

No Choice, Choice.

I have been told that I am brave. I do appreciate that compliment. It is a compliment of the highest for it is not easy being brave. I am brave they say, for going on despite my rheumatoid arthritis and my resulting disability.

Then I think that I am accepting a compliment under false circumstances. I am not really brave. There is no choice.

I carry on, plodding away and shuffling around because I have to. I did not choose to have RA or to have this disability. If I did not have a choice where is the bravery.

Then I do have some choice don't I? I can choose to let others take care of me. It would not be dishonest for me to let them. There is the pain, at times so much. It is so very difficult I think, not often.

That would not be who I am. I cherish my independence and I must always prove that I can do it. I always thought from young that the worst thing in life is to have someone take control over you. If that ever happens, I hope and pray that my mind would not know it.

So, there is always a choice. The alternatives avaiable to you may not be the best you would have chosen but they give you choice.

There is always a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment