Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happiness is...

Oh Happy days..as the Gospel song goes. Its two weeks to Christmas and my daughter will be back with me tomorrow. I am like a child when it comes to Christmas. Who cares about rheumatoid arthritis and the pain! I will hobble along to do my shopping and to listen to carols. I am reborn with the birth of Christ.

The only thing different with me as an adult at Christmas is that I love the giving more than the receiving. I still find joy at finding presents for people I care about. My daughter is not too into the shopping bit but will wrap the presents willingly and cheerfully. Five years after her death, I still miss the present wrapping and the carol singing with my dear Mum. I just miss her.

I have been singing carols to my birds. My macaw's favourite right now is "Silent Night". He trys to sing or rather warble along, doen't have a great voice but then, neither do I.

Its the season to be jolly and darn it, pain and all, I will be jolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment