Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dreams.

I have more times than I should, thought of my lost dreams, dreams lost by my RA. Others with chronic, painful illnesses and especially those with terminal illnesses, must do the same. I can't blame RA for all my lost dreams, though. Life has taken its toll.

I think of my dear friend, deadly ill and now virtually in a coma. Her family is in anguish. They don't think of their dreams, they just want their wife/mother/aunt/daughter to wake up and talk to them. They may not think of them but their dreams may just disappear. Her husband's dream of growing old together with her, each supporting and loving the other. Her daughter's dream of having her Mum at her wedding, helping her prepare and giving her advice only a mother can give. Her son's dream of having his mother with him as long as possible.

So I can mourn my lost dreams and let them go. I have and can have new dreams. Dreams lost are never found.

No one really knows what is happening to my friend. Can she hear her loved ones talk to her?

I know my God is kind and allows her dreams while she sleeps. Dream beautiful dreams my dear friend. Perhaps you will honour me by sharing them with me some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment